Thursday 10 February 2011

Sewing machine cover PDF pattern

For those of you who have been waiting patiently for my sewing machine cover pattern, 'Beyond Measure', it is ready and available at the shop! This pattern was originally published in the November 2010 issue of Australian Homespun magazine.


The cover is a tailored design, closed at the ends to keep the dreaded dust at bay. It has piping trim, simple running stitch embroidery and pearl button embellishment. The 'measuring tape' twill ribbon can be purchased at The Home Patch, who readily do mail orders. They sell the ribbon in metric & imperial markings.


I made the cover twice, changing the patchwork panel from the hip and happening 'Hope Valley' by Denyse Schmidt to the more subdued and elegant fabrics from the 'Martinique' range by 3 Sisters. It gives the cover and entirely different look.


I live by a theory that ANYTHING + LINEN = SUCCESS.
'Hope Valley' and 'Martinique' are such different ranges, but against the common foil of linen, I think they both sparkle.


I have designed a companion set to this machine cover. It will be released as a PDF pattern in a couple of months, subject to my contract with Homespun magazine.

Thank you for your support of my fledgling little pattern business, especially the lovely souls who purchased my 'Abracadabra' quilt pattern. I appreciate your support sincerely!

23 comments:

  1. Your design is lovely. I thought it was a stand out in the magazine then I started blogging and found it was yours. Good luck with the business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sewing machine cover is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful machine cover. I definitely agree that ANYTHING + LINEN = SUCCESS! I work it into s mny projects s I possibly can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! I've never seen a cover quite like this before. Your talents are appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! One of the best I have found. And now I have seen the companion pieces, a must have!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG--I was just about ready to order the whole magazine but was worried about how long it would take to get here. Thank you SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,

    Your design is lovely.

    Zuzana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cover and want to make it. LOVED seeing you in Homespun, and enjoyed so much reading your story. It sounded very familiar to mine - I so related to it. I have recently re-read it, and just loved it all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's wonderful...and amazing how the look changes with a change in fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been looking for a nice machine cover and THIS IS IT! It is such a classy design. I'm now on the search for the right fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just finished this project and LOVE the way it turned out. Thanks for writing up such a lovely pattern!

    http://www.skooksplayground.com/2011/07/stitch-sewing-machine-cover.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a good idea to keep your sewing machine covered when not in use.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love your machine cover.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute. I love it. I need a sewing machine so I can make all these great projects. Thanks for sharing.

    Heidi
    Exede

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely beautiful! I love it and am pinning for when I have some time on my hands!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got a new machine and need something other than the plastic cover that came with it. Of course it needs not be fancy like this at all as any fabric will do. I've sewn for 42 yrs. and have learned you can make many, many nice thigns from cheap fabric. I'll use a sheet for the fabric and it'll be just fine. No need to waste money on linen as that's so expensive. I'll repurpose as all it needs to do is keep dust from the machine. Thanks for the pattern. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've looked at several sewing machine covers and just love this one. My sewing room is in the process of being redone. Would you be interested in making it for me?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Do you take orders for this machine cover?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, I'm wondering if this is lined. Kind of a silly question, but I don't see this info anywhere and I want to be sure before I purchase the pattern -- thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips