Thursday 2 December 2010

A lot of AMH love

Today, I summoned the courage to cut into my precious stash of Anna Maria Horner voiles. The word that sprung to my mind to describe these fabrics is 'diaphanous'. On checking, diaphanous = 'light, delicate and translucent, esp. of fabric'. Exactly!
My luscious stash of AMH voiles
I have had this in my head for a while:
Voile scarf for summer
A light and pretty scarf for summer. I have been hoarding the divine lace edging for several years now. My sister-in-law bought it for me at a laceworks in Italy, and I have been keeping it for 'something special'.
Summer scarf
I took photos as I made this scarf, so I hope to be back soon with a tutorial. It makes for a very quick and easy Christmas present.
AMH 'Innocent Crush'
I am on a bit of a Anna Maria Horner binge at the moment. This is my stack of 'Innocent Crush' just waiting to be transformed. I purchased these from Cathy at Wondrous Woven Fabrics who I highly recommend. While it waits for inspiration to strike, my stack sits prettily and is stroked regularly!

15 comments:

  1. very pretty and very brave of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love AMH's fabric. I've never seen the voiles before, they seem perfect for a scarf. Now I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love a Nice Scarf & this one is just Gorgeous...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, that fabric! I've never heard of this designer before... I need to check her out! I love the scarf you've made, the lace and the fabrics are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOoooooohhhh! How pretty, girly, and loverly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful! That lace is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The scarf is beautiful. If I were guaranteed mine would come out just as lovely I would cut into my AMH too. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, I especially love the little gathers - very fresh and soft looking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are gorgeous. I know Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SUch a pretty scarf!!! And what lovely lace!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very fresh and soft looking.I love the scarf you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful scarf! AMH is one my very favorite designers & her fabrics make me swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful scarf and gorgeous fabric to boot. I wish I could indulge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those fabrics really are beautiful - and your scarf does them justice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous scarf Ros - looks perfect for summer!! I have developed a bit of a "thing" for scarves this year, inspired partly by the lovely ones Nina wears in "Offspring", and also a need for more warmth on numerous cold wintry days and nights whilst watching my 2 sons play soccer and football.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips