Friday 15 October 2010

A 'hoot' of a birthday

It was my firstborn's 15th (!) birthday yesterday. When she was born 15 years ago, my husband who teaches high school maths exclaimed, "Oh my, we're going to have a teenage daughter"! Thankfully, we've had 15 years to warm up to the idea!
Celebrations were understated as she is in the midst of a very busy time at school. But I quickly whipped up this very cute owl bunting. I used printables from mini-eco, a fantastic 'handmade for kids' site. The owl printables can be found here.
The birthday menu requested was homemade gnocchi, followed by white chocolate, raspberry & almond ice-cream cake. Happy birthday sweet girl!

Speaking of bunting, I found this brilliant mini version this morning at You had me at bonjour. What a great idea - don't know if I have the patience for it though.

A happy weekend to you. Bloom x

10 comments:

  1. happy birthday to your girl, it was my husbands birthday also, love the cake, glad to hear your boy is better, although perhaps the gp could have ordered an abdo ultrasound/ct before you saw the surgeon, teenagers can be a challenge, i am blessed with two, they are usually very good !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 15th to your daughter!

    I think you have the right idea with paper bunting, sooo much quicker. I know what I'll be doing next time.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your daughter, you have a Libran in your family !. I wouldn't mind a slice of that cake right now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun birthday celebration! Happy Birthday to your daughter. Savor every moment. Time passes too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the owls and the cake looks delicious. 15 is a great age, it's when you wish you were 16.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many Happy Returns of the Day! Our 15 year old boy is a joy in our house! We've had teenagers so long, I can't imagine life without them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to your daughter from Italy.
    ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cake sounds yummy and I like the owl bunting very different

    ReplyDelete
  9. many many happy returns of the day,and God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips