Friday 6 February 2009

Dear Jane returns ... to a mess of fabric all over the lounge room floor

I am back to my Dear Jane blocks after months of inactivity. Now that the kids have returned to school, it is a little easier to find some stitching time.
I used my new silk threads to needleturn this block and it really is very beautiful to work with. The silk 'disappears' into the fabric wonderfully.
And this is the fabric mess on the lounge room floor! In a mad rush of enthusiasm, I cut fabrics for this quilt immediately after my visit to Hatched & Patched with Chookyblue two weeks ago. It is my version of Anni's new pattern 'Ava Rose'. I am using these 'Barefoot Roses' fabrics by Tanya Whelan. And here it sits, strewn on the floor, waiting for me to be happy with the 'random' placement of the fabrics! It takes me a long time to 'do random'!! Hopefully, more progress on this front soon!

11 comments:

  1. You do such good work! I am going to have to try the silk thread next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also Love Silk Thread for Neeldeturn...am oozzing over your Quilt it is Gorgeous...I Too Love these fabrics....happy sewing.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dear Jane blocks, your stitching is so neat and the fabrics are really pretty.
    I sympathise .... "random" takes me ages to LOL.
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful applique. I'm not good at 'random' either.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. well I was wondering what had happened to this quilt..........lol.....looking good.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Dear Jane blocks are great!
    That Ava Rose fabric is so pretty, I am no good at doing random either LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I'm so glad Jane is back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your 'fabric mess'. Barefoot Roses is still sitting in my fabric cupboard waiting to get put into a quilt. I really feel inspired after seeing yours...it looks like the fresh colors of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to try silk thread. A friend of mine raves about it too.

    The blocks are so pretty - I love that fabric line. I take a long time to randomize too. I put mine on a wall and use a reducing glass - looks like a magnifier but works the opposite way, to smoosh things together. Or get a front door peep-hole from a hardware store, it works the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This motivates me to get back to my Dear Jane too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Dear Jane blocks are wonderful...your work, your fabric choices...all incredible. Is it the silk thread or pressing or what? is your secret to such crisp points and such precision? Do you press with a large iron or one of those little mini mini ones or finger press?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips