Monday 1 September 2008

Spring is sprung!

Just sneaking in some photos of my favourite winter flowers, before the season turns. These are hellebores, or Winter Rose in our garden at the farm and I love them for being beautiful when all around is bleak. But bring on spring! We planted the first trees in our new garden today. (The following pictures are from the Flemings website - I can't grow things this quickly!) Robinia pseudoacacia 'Frisia' - a wonderful fresh lime green through the summer. Malus ioensis 'Plena' - a beautiful crabapple which will always have a place in any garden of mine. Betula pendula - Silver Birch, grow beautifully here. Common as dirt, but totally worth it for their amazing white bark. Acer platanoides 'Crimson Sentry' - a nice purple black contrast. And I have one of these on order, a spectacular standardised crepe myrtle, Lagerstroemia indica x L. fauriei 'Tuscarora'. So my gardening mojo has finally returned, not a moment too soon, on the first day of spring!

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the trees, and welcome to Spring. Shame it couldn't have been more pleasant weather wise here today. I think Winter was getting the final word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Hellebore photos it is a lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hellebores. They are in bloom around christmas over here on the other side of the world.
    We are now heading into autumn. I love the autumnal colours but don't like the thought that winter then follows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a new garden at the farm or where you live now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOve all your trees I dont know how you remember all their names I am hopeless at that.
    Hugs Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful pictures!!

    I wish we could do Spring and Summer all over again. We had such miserable weather...! And now the leaves are colouring and falling from the trees already.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips