Monday 3 March 2008

Don't like Mondays? ... Tell me why!

The Boomtown Rats got it wrong surely?! I have had a great Monday. A visit from lovely friends who came bearing house-warming gifts... and who share my love of fabric & quilting, so what else was there to do but to do a little shopping...... and a little eating, more than one coffee & lots of talking! Our day culminated in finding a 'linen & lace' sale at one of the local op shops - what treasures there were to be found! (I will post about my purchases tomorrow when they are washed & pressed). And to cap off a wonderful start to the week, I came home to find these waiting for me, on loan from a new quilting friend I met on the weekend: Quilting blogs have been raving about the Elm Creek Quilt series by Jennifer Chiaverini & I am very excited to have befriended someone who has the entire collection! Bob Geldof obviously didn't have lovely friends to make his day when he wrote 'I Don't Like Mondays' (way back in 1979, can you believe that?!) - perhaps he needs to take up quilting!

6 comments:

  1. You're going to love these books. I'm reading #4 right now and I can't stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I got distracted by the Darrell Lea Chocolates there on te table. What was it that you did all day?
    Sounds like you had a great day with friends.
    Might see you one day when dropping my Son off to TAFE.
    xx Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great day! I would have loved that type of Monday rather than facing my 6 naughty boys at school, oh hang on, it was a great day, as one of them was away!!! Hope Tuesday proves to be just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it sounds like your Monday was great, good to hear, take care.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like Monday's..... I LOVE THEM!!! Sounds like you had a fantastic time. What a great pressy and I just love the pic of all the bolts of fabric in a row, I'm loving pastels at the moment.... :)

    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharing your appreciation of a wonderful day...(literally). My husband appreciated my bargains but wanted to make sure that the ornately embroidered pillow case was not intended for his side of the bed!!! As if!!! Looking forward to our next special monday excursion...until then you're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips