Wednesday 19 March 2008

Chocolate or fabric - a tough choice!

Instead of spending money on chocolate eggs for Easter, I thought I would buy fabric instead - won't the kids be pleased? No, I'm not that cruel - I only spent MY Easter egg ration, on this:I am hoping to use this fabric to make one of these over Easter:I found the little ten commandment charm bracelet I posted about yesterday - tiny, tiny writing that only a child's eyes could read: Don't forget to leave a comment on my 100th post for your chance in the giveaway. Thank you for all the wonderful comments so far. I am really enjoying your great stories. I will sign off over the break to spend time with my family. Wishing you all a very special Easter ... Bloom.

11 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I too am buying my kids a gift instead of eggs this year, maybe I need to buy me a gift too.
    Love your fabrics and your bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea..love the fabric, look forward to seeing the completed bag...Happy Easter to you Bloom and all those special little people in your life.....your DH as well, I hope he is having a break..

    ReplyDelete
  3. the tote bag/pocket book is wonderful
    can you tell me what magazine/issue that is in?
    My girls would love that bag.
    thanks
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Urban Chiks fabric! Very springlike.

    I, too, would like to know what magazine that tote is in. Very cute. But if I go to the store and look through every magazine to find it, I'll buy them all. ;>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fabrics that will make a great bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please please tell me the magazine too. I hope it's not an old one as I'd like to make one of them too. It looks a fabulous bag. Love your new fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first thought was "I feel sorry for her kids" but you are going to buy them an easter egg so I relax.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first embroidery project was of 2 kittens sitting side by side that I did in the late 40's, 1946 that is!! In the early 50's I had a loaded charm bracelet. Gave it to my daughter and she later gave it to her daughter and who knows what happened to it. Lois

    ReplyDelete
  9. Weight watchers would approve fabric instead of chocolate, and such beautiful fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, I love the idea! After all, the fabrics won't stick on your legs (except to warm you)! And you've chosen beautiful fabrics! I bought my kids one big chocolate egg each with a blue smurf on the top. For me and my husband I bought one small egg, just for the saying (in Iceland, a saying is put in every egg) - happy easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea! Buy the fabric and make the kids share! hehehe... Love the fabric and can't wait to see your bag!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips