Sunday 20 January 2008

The blessing of friends ... especially friends who stitch!

This lovely thing arrived for me yesterday from a special friend. It was stitched for me as a most thoughtful gift in sympathy for the passing of my Dad last year. The sentiment, "Flowers for pleasure, memories to treasure" is just perfect. Thank you Wendy - I just love it. I especially love all those tiny french knots on the ric rac - very impressive! I am wondering whether it is as obvious to others as it is to me that Wendy has Dutch heritage. Perhaps it is the blue & white theme, but there is something very dutch about this cushion in my mind. I have several good friends with Dutch parents & The Netherlands has a special spot in my heart.

6 comments:

  1. How lovely for you Ros, it's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes this has something Dutch about it, what a lovely gift from a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very special gift to cherish, obviously a special friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WEndy had a lovely thought...it's a beatiful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cushion is a wonderful gift and I am sure you will treasure it.The stitching looks great and I agree with your sentiments about the knots on the ric-rac.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips